Birthday Memories

I always like to think that through these years of living away from home, away from the sensible sermons from my parents, from the positive influences from my old-time friends --- that I am still the same person, still grounded…..feet firmly in the sand (literally and figuratively as I live in Maldives! Lol)….mind strongly logical…..and still walks around with the humility and modesty that I have always aspired to have (and not always succeed…lahi ng Ilonggo ito!).

My birthday came and went but surprisingly not melodramatic at all. I was really dreading the day when I will turn thirty. I thought I would have a crying binge, or a dramatic collapse --- but nothing.

What I had instead was a day (and 2 nights) full of fun and laughter, surrounded by friends. I felt blessed. What a good start to my third decade!

The night before, we went to a disco party at Kuda Bandos…..by invitation only (so we got our tickets plus speedboat transfers for FREE!). We literally danced the night away!
With less than 4hrs of sleep, we again had to scramble out to the jetty to catch our ride to Biyadhoo Island Resort.
We were booked there for the night (the others had to stay at nearby Kandooma coz the place was fully booked). It was a “Maldivian Night” so the buffet was full of traditional dishes which was superb (and also FREE for everyone including my visitors! Haha). It was an auspicious sign eh? Yeah, a small coconut fell down and hit my head --- like a, “wake up, Yvonne”….hahaha

The following day, we had a surprise spa head massage treat from my ex-Sunland colleagues. It was great!
Umm, for the first time…… I walked the streets of Male in a ………… 1) strapless / tube dress……2) mini dress…..if you are thirty, I think you can be forgiven for wearing anything, right? Lol
Thank you She-she, Ganda, Kean, Paul, Ate Tess and Kuya Jun for making it wonderful. All our drinks and my birthday cake were libre of Kuya Jun! Salamat kayo Kuya!

Comments

eDreGiN said…
-Hahaha! natawa naman ako sa post nato esp sa nahuyog dimo, hehehe' I had fun gajud sa ato rampada na ini kahit waz tulog and yes! kevs kana nung nag 30 ka mega tubey ka sa Male na dress' lol!

more posts please...update ako sa mga sige diton paramdam dimo through messages, hahaha'
Anonymous said…
That Two Oceans Red looks good. Is that a Shiraz?
Bonangskie said…
neng, salamat gajud for making my bday fun & memorable...haay amo gajud ini an magkatiguyang! char.com.mv!

ihagas ko ra dim an mga nagparamdam na mga ek-ek...naaawa na nga ako...ayokong magka-karma na naman haler talaga!
Four-eyed-missy said…
Bonang, happy birthday!
Natawa naman ako sa buko na nahulog -- buti na lang di ka nabukulan. Ayan, magka-dekada na tayo! hahahaha.
Anonymous said…
hi, i have a new site: http://lakarlota.blogspot.com/.. the other one is kaput.. weeee
Bonangskie said…
God! It seems like i went into total hibernation for awhile....

Hi Chris,
Nope, i don't think it was a Shiraz....tasted more like a Cabernet Sauvignon...but what do I know? we just drank and forgot! lol

Madam, tayo ay magkadekada na nga. Haay, ang hirap! Pero let's celebrate!

Popular Posts