Wish me luck!!!!

All of a sudden it hit me. I am really going on a trip to the Mekong!! Ive been planning this trip for almost 2 years now. I can't believe I'm really finally going.....


I am bitten by wanderlust. I don't think I still can be cured of it. I love to travel, to be in a different place, in an alien culture, talk to people you only see in TV or read in history books.


I don’t know if this type of feeling will ever fade away… this sense of wonder, of anticipation! I hope I don’t get jaded enough travelling, I hope I’ll continue on feeling the same way, of still be that same little girl looking at the map, twirling and twirling it around…”where is Laos? Cambodia?”…. I hope I’ll still feel the thrill of excitement go through me….forever



Tatak Pinoy

For this trip I made a lot of preparations, as in take note, nagpa henna tattoo pa ako in the lower half of my left hand (courtesy of Busrah, the Pakistani stylist in Sheri’s saloon) and I sewed the Philippine flag into my backpack (prominent area – para makita ng lahat ng tao at di na magtanong from where I am from?). PROUD TO BE PINOY talaga ako, the type who cries whenever the national anthem is sung and the Philippine flag is raised lalo na if its an international event --- and yes, even during Pacman's matches, iyak ako to the max.



























I had friends dropped me off the airport --- they wished me luck.... ang dami ng meanings ng kanilang "luck"...hehehe... some are 'un-mentionables' at baka biglang matauhan pa parents ko about me!


















Left: Anna & Mira Right: Anna & Kuya Jun



Friends were telling me to drop by at Dome CafĂ© at the airport departure area, well, mainly coz there’s a lot of Pinoys working there… pero in fairness, the place is really laysho-looking…and they were all very nice.









I’m not going directly to Bangkok tonight. I am flying with Srilankan Airlines, so my route is through Colombo then Bangkok. The layover is not that long, only about an hour so its okay although the flight to Bangkok from Colombo is more than 5 hours!--- or so i thought. Actually, the Male-Colombo flight was delayed by more than an hour so i had to wait until 9.50pm (after being dropped off at the airport at 6.30pm!) and then we arrived at about 11pm and i mistakenly thought 12.55am is Male time but it was 1:25am CMB time.


Anyhow, I arrived in Bangkok and was greeted at the Arrivals area ni Janeth, aka 'Ganda'. We immediately went to my usual cheapie resto at Suvarnabhumi airport -- the 1st floor food court (forgot the name!). For 45 Baht, i already had a fried pork with rice + coke!

Busog na.... off we went on a taxi to Mochit bus terminal -- one thing i promised not to miss out in my blog is our driver --- Salamat po!!! (despite being repetitive -- Thai drivers are really the best!!!)

Okay, ciao! See you in Cambodia.....

Comments

Josiet said…
I'm sure you'll have a great time. After this trip naikot mo na ata buong asia ano? :)

Just couldn't resist adding: Si Madame Mira talaga sexy looking na! :)
Bonangskie said…
Yes valah..vava voom na sya Neng! Blooming na ang byuti nya...hehehe

Popular Posts