Turning 30

I remembered telling my buddy, Josiet that turning 30 should be something to rejoice at. A cause for celebration --- yeah okay, famous last words. In a few months, I will be staring at a cake with the 3-0 candles and most likely I’ll freak out and get depressed! LOL
Looking back at what I have done when I was in the province last month, I think a lot of my decisions were knee-jerk reactions to this momentous occasion.


First, there were the agri-business lessons I subjected my younger brother. I lectured him on the virtues of taking care of the lands that our parents have and to save enough money to get lands on our own--- kahit kakapirangot yan, mapapakinabangan! I think it’s my nesting or mothering instinct becoming more alive (what? LOL) I just want him to be able to look out for himself. Well, I did this too. I just nodded and nodded and belatedly I realized that my name is already on the deed certificate (technically, I still have to pay my mom fully for the total amount). I now own a parcel of agricultural land somewhere in Cantilan. I don’t even know where it is exactly but they say that it is a good investment as it will be “developed” in a few years coz its just behind the national high school area.

For almost a year now, I have also been “arranging” for a piece of real estate in Cebu City. I was not really that interested then but when I went there this time I suddenly had this urge to check the place myself, to see whether its already habitable. I started asking questions as to when the construction will be completed (well, I was told I can move in this December, how cool is that? Hehe) and then I started making some drawings of the interior layouts that I want for each room. I am now very excited about how it would turn out although yeah, I’ll be indebted for the next few years --- which is a daunting thought, to say the least.
I think becoming 30 is really a huge milestone for a woman. Not just the ticking of the biological clock, though the hints are becoming louder now. LOL! It’s like you suddenly arrive at a crossroad where maturity and youth struggles against the dominance of the other. Your heart wants to choose the latter but your mind dictates that you choose the former. I have started to ask a lot of questions about the direction of my personal life, my finances, my career, etc. I started to get scared of what this turning point will mean in my life.

I don’t really have a well-organized life. I am very blasé about everything. If I want to travel, I save up to go there. If I don’t have money, then it’s nary a dollar to my name. I only have myself to answer to, to feed, to clothe. But now, I felt different. That in a few months time, my life will change.


I think this is just my neuroses talking!

Comments

Josiet said…
Good investments mader! Does that mean you're going to stay in Cebu?:)

Speaking of investments, why don't you invest in my upcoming business? Not the travel agency..different one..hahaha!

Anyway nothing to freak out about turning 30. It's just a number. And believe me, good things start happening from there on :))
eDreGiN said…
What can I say? RICHNESS! LOL! Im glad madir I have a place to stay na in Cebu whenever I go there...LOL!
Bonangskie said…
Of course NOT!!! Madrid, Surigao del Sur pa rin ang aking home/residence/spiritual abode/etc!!!

Although poorita ako...yes Neng! as long as hindi sya ga-milyones ang capital investment!!! hehehe email me the scoop.

cross my fingers...hoping... and waiting for the good things to come!!!
Anonymous said…
i agree.. land is a good investment because value never depreciates.. hopefully, i'll own a parcel of land in philippines too someday.. weeee

salamat pala sa tips sa strawberry farm.. its my priority list in baguio.. have a great day
Anonymous said…
happy birthday po..
Bonangskie said…
Anong richness yan Ganda!!! Kalokeh! Yes, u r very much welcome neng! Magpagawa na tau ng maraming set of keys! LOL
Bonangskie said…
Hi Carlots! Hope u have a nice trip sa Baguio. If u have enough time, you can go to the hot springs at Asin Road (just under an hour from the city), or better yet head on to Mt. Pulag or the Banaue rice terraces. U can go to these places via Danwa bus.
Anonymous said…
ay anong bizniz yan mudra, isali nyo naman ako. hahahahahaha
Bonangskie said…
Mga pagkakuwartahan!!! Pag yumaman tayo Neng punta tayo ng South America to practice our pidgin Spanish!!! LOL

Popular Posts