Reflections...

The past few months has been an emotionally challenging time for me.....especially at work.

I had to decide whether to hang on and be eternally depressed, or to let go and be uncertain in my future career path.

Finally, I chose the second option. A bit nerve-wracking but it surprisingly made me happier than I was the past few months.

I am taking this as a learning experience. I have always been a lucky girl when it comes to bosses, I've always been the apple of their eyes. Well, I work hard (16-hr days is a normal schedule for me!) and is very detail-oriented, that at one point my old boss described me as a perfectionist......I think for most bosses, they like to have hard-working assistants like me.

Not everyone though. That is what I learned now.

There are some people who would rather play office politics than be professional. In a milieu like that, I don't know how to function and I start to digress. I become morose and depressed. My usual efficient self starts to decline and become ineffective.

That is when I decided, I needed a change. A new tomorrow might be uncertain for me....but this I know for sure......the today i have, is not the best time and place for me.

Now, I'm still at a crossroad but at least with a more positive vibe around me. Looking forward to the travels I have planned (Hongkong-Macau-Kuala Lumpur in August) and to staying at home for awhile. And maybe, just maybe there might be a silver lining at the end.....

Comments

abhinav said…
Hi Bonangskie.. Your blog was a refreshing retreat for a travel enthusiast like me :-) ..... of all the articles i was tempted to post a comment on this one.. I especially idealize people who choose the path you took. I strongly believe that once you really decided to 'let go' and step ahead, uncertainties wouldn't have been that uncertain afterall and things would have unfolded just the way you want? thats the general rule of universe.
Bonangskie said…
thanks Abhinav!

yeah, sometimes we have to let go of something so we can move on...scary, yes! but i think if your convictions r really strong abt what u want to do....everything will come out right. and for me this time around, it did come out right!

Popular Posts