Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel

Colombo, Sri Lanka


Business travelling means you get to travel in style, business class airtickets and 5-star accommodation will be under the office tab. For this trip, all arrangements were done by our office so all I have to do is show the booking slips wherever I go. How I wish I can travel like this all the time! Hahaha


During my Colombo stay, I was booked at the Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel (formerly Trans Asia Hotel). From the website photos, I was expecting to be really wowed by it but then I did not know that it was the former Trans Asia Hotel (I came here years ago) and the rooms layout have not changed though it had a little facelift since the take-over.

One thing that distinguishes resorts from city hotels is personalized service. Reception desks in city hotels are normally chaotic and a beehive of activity, with a lot of walk-ins and check-outs. I think that’s the reason why you really need a good hotel management software (with a guest history folio module!!) to make sure the hotel is always efficient and despite the guest volume can still maintain a modicum of personalized guest service.


As an example, when I checked back in at the hotel (I stayed out for a night coz we went for a site visit in Dambulla) after just 1 day the receptionist again asked me for my passport details, etc….when the day before I have filled the same information! At least I felt good later on, kasi sinabihan ko ang computer services department nila na they should change their software system! Hahaha


Ang sabi nga ng amo ko, ang pinakamagaling daw na housekeeper ay Pinoy! On my first day, I was given a room on the 4th floor, and immediately the musty smell greeted me when I opened the door. Good thing, the second time around I was given a room in the 2nd floor and although a bit noisy (parang may club or disco nearby), the room was definitely better and cleaner.

(the first room)

(the second room)


The hotel’s main selling point is its fantastic view of the Beira Lake, especially at sunset. Most of their dining outlets have a view of the lake although the best place to be is at the 7®North restaurant and bar, you can have a meal or sip a cocktail while looking at the birds flying over the lake. It is such a tranquil sight….

Although the staffs were really nice, I think I will stay at the Cinnamon Grand or the Hilton Colombo for my next visit (almost the same room rate but with way better rooms & facilities).

Comments

Chris said…
Yes Cinnamon Grand is much better. I didn't stay there but saw a suite and had dinner in one of the restaurants. It was excellent. I had lunch at the Thai restaurant in Cinnamon Lakeside. It was great and had a drink by the poolside- more or less the place in the bottom picture. Nice too. Did I tell you I went to Colombo in July-August?
Bonangskie said…
Nope u did not tell u were going to CMB but during that time I was also in Philippines-HK-Macau....somewhere in between....hehehe

Yeah, their Thai dishes are great! I think I must have ordered all the Thai dishes in the in-room menu! lol
Chris said…
I will let you know if I make a return trip, Yvonne.

Popular Posts