Shopping with your Parents

Cebu City, Philippines

When I was a teenager, eons ago that was lol!, I used to cringe being seen going to a shopping center or a mall with my parents. I remember going with my father to the most trendy shop in Surigao City to pick up a dress for my JS Prom when I was in my 3rd year in high school. I was so embarrassed but going out and being pretty at the prom won out!

As I grow older, I started hanging out with my parents and their friends more and more....I get updated on all the latest chikas in our town, and I would like to think, I became more grounded and more down to earth because of them. The wisdom of the older generation rubbing off on me...

When I went home for my holiday last February, we all met up at my house in Cebu and I went shopping with my parents. I had fun!

As much as I love going to Ayala Center (maybe when I'm alone and have the time to browse around), my parents preferred to go to SM City because it has more affordable shops (especially at the department store area where you can get more cheaper brands) and of course, they have a big Toy Kingdom outlet....easier to pick gifts for the grandchildren! hehehe I like it there also coz they stock up on brands like Mango (at the North Wing).

My mother and I can just go for a whole day especially if it involves shoes and clothes! hahaha puwede talaga kaming maglakad the whole day! But my father??? hahahaha naghanap ng matulugan, he eventually found a very comfy sleeping nook at the Furniture section! Buti walang nagpa-alis sa kanya!

I really wished I had more time to shop and hang out with my parents in Cebu but the few moments we've had were definitely great!

Comments

eDreGiN said…
Haha! Napaoy si Engr Erning sa ijo! Haha! =)
Bonangskie said…
Shotay-song gajud sija! hahaha
san sue said…
wish I have shopping memories like that too with Mommy :(

Popular Posts