Kayaking at Bandos Island Resort

I do love the water, being on a boat, or going to the beach…….being near the water always calms me….but then on the other hand, I was never a fan of watersports. Stems from my lack of swimming skills hence I generally veto any suggestions of going diving, parasailing, or windsurfing. Anything that requires at least a modicum of swimming talent is a no-no for me! Hahaha

Last weekend, I was running out of ideas on how to entertain my 10-year old niece. Male is so small that we have visited all the major bookshops already (it’s a weekly ritual for us to buy something from the bookstore). So I thought why not go to a resort?

It’s a refreshing change to see Bandos Island Resort during daytime, as I always go there at night to dance or drink at the bar only. We have the full day to ourselves so I let my niece choose what activities she wants to do.

She opted for the Watersports Centre…..and chose, kayaking!

After donning the life jacket and informing the attendant that “This is my first time to go on a kayak!”, and he better look all the time lest I get swept away……we went and got on the kayak. It was hilarious for me as I don’t know which way to paddle my oar in or out, and on top of it, we were moving too fast and my niece was shouting at the top of her lungs “Tita, we are being swept away! We are going over the reef!”.

I did start to panic a bit, but one thing I learned about being in the water…..it’s a place where panic means trouble!

I was able to get the hang of it after a while but my niece got tired of it after 10 minutes and opted to pester the attendant to lend her a mask coz she wants to go snorkeling. I still have my sunburned shoulders to show for my 1-hour of blissful kayaking back & forth. I did not know it could be this fun! Pag-uli ko sa amo, magpahimo ako nan baroto sa Tangyad dakan magbugsay-bugsay ako sa dagat! Hahahaha

Okay, next visit…..will try to dive???? Hahahaha dive underwater or take a dive in the bar? Most likely the latter…..

Comments

Josiet said…
Eie is all grown up! Parang kelan lang. Hay ang tanda na talaga natin. LOL!

Magpalit dakan kaw nan kayak. Let's use it sa Consuelo hihihi
Bonangskie said…
Uno veh! An ako comment sauna na erase man! hahahaha

Yes neng, magpahimo rako nan baroto na yay katig dakan amora sija nan kayak sab! hahahaha

Can u imagine, Eie will turn 11 na this August! Nakakaloka talaga!

Popular Posts