Welcome to Oman!

Apprehensions battled with excitement......a new year and a new work location, in a region where I have not traveled and explored yet (except those airport transits in Doha & Dubai on the way to somewhere).

Its such a long way from home......I started off from Cebu City and due to the heavy airline traffic during the post-Sinulog week, I had to make do with an earlier flight at 6am to Manila. And after waiting at the airport for 10 hours, I have to sit through another 9-hour flight from Manila to Dubai International Airport. Good thing though, the transit time was just 3 hours and flight to Muscat takes only an hour.

I arrived at around 4:30am and immediately took off for Nizwa, about an hour's drive from the capital, Muscat. The ride to Nizwa was uneventful but when we started to go up to the Jabal Akhdar mountains (will be working in a resort high up in the mountains), the sky was awash with colors. I asked the driver to stop off as I just cannot stop myself from taking a photo from my phone.

About ten minutes after, the colors have changed into a myriad of hues, pink, orange, blue.....it was amazing!

When I arrived at my accommodation, I slept off the whole day and then voila, woke up to this view of the sunset from my balcony!

Maruhabaa! What a warm welcome to Oman!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts