Bicycle phobia

There are certain things in life that I have always said I wouldn’t ever do….... diving and driving.

When all the neighborhood kids were busy getting scrapes and gashes from trying on their bicycles, I was just sitting in our balcony watching the scene from afar. I did try. I am not a total sissy --- but I crashed. Just that one time made me hate it.

Yeah, I’m scared of going on a bicycle….a motorbike….a car….anything that moves….as long as it’s not me on the wheels, I’m fine.

Together with my change of job, I also had another challenge --- to get on a bike. I am living in a huge island wherein the mode of transportation is a bike!

I started with a “trike” – a three-wheeled bicycle. I just borrowed it from someone else. But then he had to use it (usually each department will get one to transport things) now so I’ve no choice but to use the regular bike.

How difficult can it be, right?

Huhuhu…..I just came from the Clinic a few minutes ago…. I stubbed my toe when I crashed into the bushes (well, I felt confident earlier so ummm maybe I went a bit faster….)… the doctor had to cut off the dead skin and he washed the wound with antiseptics…eww! He did say it will sting a little bit.

So now it’s wrapped in gauze to keep the sand away. And to top it all off, I had to get on my bike again to go back to my room!

Oh God! I am limping all around the resort....it hurts.....

Comments

Josiet said…
if you didn't stub your toe then there won't be any updates here lol.

don't be afraid to use the bike again. it will only make you a better driver next time :)
Bonangskie said…
Hehehe korekek kaw mader!

Riding a bike and getting scrapes is really something else....lol

U know how a coward I am about it...but yeah, I am still pedalling every day....

Everyone's been so nice....they get out of the way if they see me coming, baka kasi masagasaan ko! lol!
Anonymous said…
You only learn how to ride a bike once and then that becomes one of those things you never forget- or so I was told. I have never tested this out because I haven't got on a bike in years.
Bonangskie said…
Becoming better everyday...once I get the hang of it, will definitely try for a bigger bike! lol

hey Chris, try it out as well! never too late to start.

Popular Posts