Why do Filipinos excel only in Individual Sports?

My mind right now is geared into sports..... I am still in my bike-phobia-frame-of-mind...

While I was taking my shower earlier, it just seems so amusing to me that I learned how to shoot first before I even learned how to pedal a bike! lol..... how twisted can I be?

Oh my God! I tell you, every morning is a nightmare...... coz it means, I have the whole day to go on my bike and back..... promise, target shooting even with a .45 semi-automatic is even easier than getting on a bike!

This led me to think (what with my previous easy affinity to target shooting), why are Filipinos good only at Individual Sports?

In boxing, we have the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world and the Fighter of the Year --- Manny Pacquiao.

In tenpin bowling, we have the Guinness world record holder for the most number of World Cup wins in 4 decades and a six-time world champion, considered by many as the greatest international bowler in the sport's history --- Paeng Nepomuceno.

And in billiards, we totally dominate the game --- with the legendary Efren "Bata" Reyes, Django Bustamante, and even the new guys in the block like Alex Pagulayan, Ronnie Alcano, etc..

Makes one think....hmm, I better take up......basketball....no?....umm, baseball?....nope.... aha! I get it....bungee jumping! lol

Comments

Popular Posts