My Birthday @ Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru

I was all resigned to celebrating my birthday in isolation and boredom in our resort, with nary a close friend in attendance but got a good surprise instead! A benevolent friend (Jen) organized a discounted trip for me and J-Blogged to Four Seasons Landaa Giravaaru for my birthday!!!
(at the Airport counter)
(they served us Iced Tea while waiting at the Four Seasons lounge)

Since when did I become so posh???? I think it’s the advancing age…… more luxuries for the oldies eh? Lol....and well, I've always wanted to go and stay in a Four Seasons hotel...
We took a seaplane transfer from Male to the resort with a slight stopover in Four Seasons Kuda Huraa to pick up some guests. We were welcomed by Jen and while waiting for our villa (ooppsss, we were too early for the regular check-in timings!) to be ready, we went to Blu restaurant and had a delicious “Coco Mango” drink to cool us off and the fantastic view of the sandbank. What a welcome!

(at the Main Lobby with its Arabian nights theme....all we need is a Genie to come out from a bottle!!! lol)

(Blu Restaurant)
(Blu Restaurant - it looks like Martha Vineyard house!)

(as in naubos kaagad ang drinks namin di ko tuloy nakuhaan ng pic! lol)

“Tuloy po kayo”……….we stayed at a Beach Villa, it has its own pool, a lanai, and a huge bathroom!
(our welcome drinks -- this was waiting for us in the living room when we arrived)
(Villa No. 06)
(the best bed ever! you can snuggle in it for days! promise!!!)
(the living room area)
(outdoor sofa where you can watch the sunrise or sunset while having tea or coffee)
(you can lounge in the daybed -- aww, nagpractice ang wannabe centerfold model!!! lol)
(having your own pool means you can get a suntan in private!)
We had a lovely lunch of pasta carbonara and Quattro stagiano pizza…..absolutely yummy!!! Unbelievably, we finished off the whole thing…..no crumbs left!
Arabian dinner under the stars

For my birthday dinner, we went to Al Barakat – the fine dining Arabian themed restaurant. You feel as if you are transported to an outdoor cafĂ© in a Moroccan town square. We even had to wash our hands in rose-scented water! We washed off our dinner with a bottle of Donhoff Riesling courtesy of Jenny.
(getting older doesn't mean I have to look frumpy eh??? siempre, mini dresses pa rin!)
The night is not yet over. We went to the bar to play pool and finished off another bottle of white wine….aww, over na ‘to! I can’t be starting my new year by drinking bottles of wine eh? Lol doesn’t bode well for the rest of the year…….
(with friends, Janeth & Jenny)
(I always gravitate to a pool table everywhere I go!)

The following day, we went for an alfresco breakfast at the Main Restaurant. I felt as if I was starved of pork for 10 years (oh well, 1 month is long enough when you love pork as I do!!!) especially when we saw that the breakfast buffet was full of pork!!! OMG!!! I loaded my plate full of veal sausage, pork sausage, pork bacon, glazed pork ham, and I think the omelet is also with pork cutlets! Hahaha
Unique Four Seasons touch --- be it a bag, toiletries, etc..... these special touches made our stay perfect!
(I just love this straw bag! I wish I could take it back with me! lol)
(L 'Occitane toiletries -- makes you feel soft and expensive! hahaha)
(this was waiting for me when I got back to the room at night)
(to cool off your feet and wash it off from sand after a long walk around the island)
Some shots around the resort........

Thank You!!!

I always say that I'd rather have "quality" rather than "quantity" when it comes to friendships. In the absence of my family, I always celebrate my birthday with my closest friends. I would like to thank all my friends and family, my support system, for always being there for me --- to keep me grounded, to admonish me of my weaknesses and to praise me for my strengths, to remind me to always look back and appreciate where I came from.

I really hoped that I have remained the same person through these years. It pains me to think and a nightmare to imagine, that I might be like some people I know who has metamorphosed into an entirely different character and who see themselves only on how they are financially worth and not on their emotional worth. Well, I have my support system to knock some sense into my head from time to time..... hehehe

Comments

peter said…
Lola V, I can attest to that and the rest of our batches, acquitances, Madrinanon that you really are the same person who still keep your feet on the ground. Mabuhay ka la!
Bonangskie said…
Thank u Langga! Its wonderful to hear that and I really hope that I will keep the humility through these years....no matter what!

Sabagay, nandyan ka naman para okrayin agad ako in case mag inarte ako! hahahha
rozard said…
korak ka jan lola!!!kay we are just temporary gazud dinhi sa planet earth la ugsa we dont need to keep our heads up high but be humble n thankful to GOD. Dafat nga share ur blessings sa family n friends, wag pathetic masyado maging selfish n superficial n hambugera la!Bow
eDreGiN said…
Anong kadramahan ito?! Hahaha' Anyways, I really had fun in Four Seasons and I wished me ganun akong unan sa bahay seguro lage akong tulog, ahahaha!
Anonymous said…
I just want to let you know that your blog is very helpful, I will be coming to Maldives this 26th April for work.

It's good to know that there is a good and safe life for a filipina in Maldives.

See you whenever we can :) -- Dee

Popular Posts