Four Seasons Kuda Huraa

I finally got my wish to go to Four Seasons Kuda Huraa just before my departure back to Philippines last July 2010. Together with the island fairies, Janeth & Dylan, we went there for a short luxurious R&R.

One thing that sums up my experience with Four Seasons resorts so far is ----- consistency in service excellence! From the airport 'meet & greet' to the arrival to the resort, you are welcomed with such a fantastic display of courtesy and hospitality. I really cannot find faults, everything was perfect for us!
The three of us agreed to meet up at the airport (as we are joining the transfer from there), so there I was in my flowery dress walking around Male without sleeves on (I'm getting brave in my old age! ha ha) and voila! the magical fairy Dylan was waiting for us with his blindingly shiny gold Harrods bag! fabulosa talaga!
On our way, we were greeted by a school of dolphins jumping up in the air as if they are auditioning for an acrobat act in the Cirque du Soleil.....but what a sight it was! They must have guessed that the Maldivian mermaids were on board the boat.....hahaha....just kidding!
The trip was a 'farewell-till-we-meet-again' type of holiday, as me and Dylan are both leaving the Maldives (albeit, for a short time only) to go back to Philippines.A fantastic surprise awaited us when we got to the resort.....an upgrade to the 420-square foot Sunset Water Bungalow! You can either watch the sun setting in the horizon while sipping a cocktail in your outdoor chaise lounge, or you can go down the steps directly to the lagoon and voila! your own natural swimming pool!!! What can be more superlative than that???

We immediately started discovering everything about our villa, from the gigantic plasma TV (how I wish I can bring it home with me!!! but I don't think it would fit my bag! lol) to the bath tub arrayed with L' Occitane toiletries....and to the glass-walled shower room.....ummm, will they see my butt from afar when I take the shower???? (this is the only worry i had during my stay here!) Either I did not know where the wooden blinds were to drag down and cover the shower area, or it was really designed to be open for everyone to see you 'au naturel'!!! hahaha
So you must have guessed, I did not bother asking.....and just had my shower! lol
I can't wait to sleep again in our Four Seasons bed and snuggle up to my super-soft pillows....unbelievable talaga ang softness!!! But its still early....
That's what I love about going with your girlie friends....you make dressing up for dinner such an ART!!! It took us hours just to go for our cocktails....hahaha....*we thought of dressing up in the hotel bathrobe and pose for a photo....and managed to look like masseurs! lolWe decided to try out the Sunset Lounge located near the main reception lobby. The drinks were great but for the life of me....I cannot understand how Ganda got tipsy with only 2 drinks???? Ano ba kasi ang inorder??? By the time we got to the pool table, the billiard table looked huge and the balls seems everywhere. I hope no one gets a hangover....July is monsoon season in the Maldives, and the time when room rates dive down too! We got our wish --- a perfect sunny morning to start our second day! We immediately hurried down to Cafe Huraa for our breakfast. Di rin kami talaga gutom.....hahaha....we sampled almost every dish displayed at the buffet area. Really yummylicious stuff but I'm a simple girl with a very simple stomach --- I only need a plateful of pork bacon & sausages....and that's it for me!On our way back to our villa, somebody shrieked! No, it wasn't me.....hahahaha.....okay, all three mermaids did! Too many eye candies around the island, that's for sure! Delicious, eh?

We need to top up our tans so we headed out to the main swimming pool, with its breathtaking infinity views! We went for a swim, lounged in our sunbeds, and had a cooling drink by the Poolside Bar.
Dusk had started to set in.....its time to go....back to our real lives again.....its really true, when you are in a resort like this, its like being transported into paradise, and to spend that with your friends is even better!

Comments

Popular Posts