A date with Ayurveda and shopping

The Sanctuary Spa, Unawatuna

Got up in the morning with a smile on my face……have a date with Sanctuary Spa!

Just before Thaproban restaurant (or on your way towards the temple & pagoda), you will pass by a small marker pointing towards a small alley (as in tiny alley) which opens up into a small garden and the spa reception. I love the ethnic decors in the reception....me character talaga!

The day before we already booked for our Ayurveda treatments here. I chose the 90 minutes package of Herbal steam bath + massage (body + neck) for only LKR 2,400. It’s already a good deal although there were some cheaper Ayurveda Spas strewn about the town but this one looks good enough.

It’s just a small spa operation, just 2 open-air cabanas with 2 treatment beds each (maybe for couple massages!). But the special characteristic that sets it apart are the male therapists! They ONLY have male therapists in the place. Some ladies might not be comfortable with that, but they were very circumspect and respectful so I did not feel uncomfortable at all, not even once!

I am not really wow about Ayurveda massage, I still prefer either a Thai (or Khmer which is a bit similar) or Balinese massage. I ended up slick with too much body oil and it’s not deep tissue enough that I did not feel that revived after my massage. Although I love the herbal steam bath! Hahahaha yung parang niluluto ka sa loob ng kuyon! Lol

For only $22, it was good enough for me though but can still be improved. Hmmm, when will be my next visit to Kandy??? I really want to go back again to that Ayurveda Spa we went to before…..

Anyways, coming out from the Spa is even more exciting…..bargain shopping awaits! The sidewalk towards our guesthouse is full of shops selling souvenir items….shopping mecca! If the massage had not revived me, the sight of colorful sarongs hanging in these shops totally rejuvenated me! Lol

Comments

dilan tharaka said…
awome blog...u working for a company?
Bonangskie said…
@Dilan, yeah i do but based in the Maldives. I just travel to Sri Lanka every month.

Popular Posts