Its my birthday today!!!

Happy birthday to me!!!!!

I decided not to splurge on my birthday, no going out to nearby resorts or flying out to other countries either! Earlier, I was planning to go to Egypt and Jordan for my birthday and even booked a ticket already for Jan 29th till Feb 10th. Good thing though my plans changed, look at what is happening in Egypt now!

Someone up there is really looking after me.....

And so today I ended up cooking nonstop in the morning as I was teased by my officemates to give a Filipino cuisine lunch! Diosme naman, lahat na ipagawa nyo hwag lang ang pagluluto! But anyhow, I have to do what I have to do. I couldn't let them think that our food is not tasty so I cooked pancit palabok + chopsuey + adobong manok, and Janeth cooked jumbo prawns in butter.

O ayan, ang ready-made palabok sauce ko.....thank you to Mama Sita's! hahahaha

I normally don't celebrate my birthdays in the office. I am a very shy person. Di ko kinakaya if everyone will greet me the whole day kaya most often I go somewhere. But I'm glad I stayed and had it here in Male, with friends and colleagues.

They told me the food is delicious daw, especially the kids (children of my officemates). I explained to them why there has to be noodles --- accdg to Pinoy traditions, every auspicious occasions like birthdays and new year's eve, there has to be noodles to signify Long Life.

Another year added.....buti na lang walang nagdala ng cake with matching candles! Di ko na talaga yun kayanin! hahahaha

Comments

Josiet said…
Meron palang ready made palabok sauce? Naku, hanapin ko nga sa Filipino store dito as I am craving for pancit palabok right now! Hahaha!!
Bonangskie said…
Yes neng, marami ng food brands ang nagbenta ng ready made packets of pancit palabok. Tama lang 'to kasi di naman ako marunong gumawa ng sauce on my own! hehehe

Popular Posts