Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei (part 3)

Happy birthday to me!!!!

I literally lazed around my room the entire morning...went down for breakfast around 7:30am then back to bed again for another snooze. I went out again around 2pm to have lunch at a nearby Chinese restaurant. Stayed there for another hour having a pot of tea while watching a "No English Subtitles" Chinese movie hahahaha....ano kaya ang mas original pa kaysa ganyan.

Got out, dressed up and packed up my things, waited for my friend to pick me up for a trip to the 5-star Empire Hotel & Country Club in Kampung Jerudong which is a bit far from the city. The hotel itself does not look grandeous outside but when you go in, whoa! the pillars are gold-plated.









No wonder everyone has a car here, when we gassed up at the fuel station we only paid about 20usd. Ugh! At home in the Philippines, I almost had a heart attack when I got the bill after telling the attendant to fill the tank in full --- PhP 3,500 (83usd). I can really live here if only for the petrol. Hahaha

I was craving for some Japanese so after the "ogling the blings" moment at the Empire, we went back to Yayasan Complex. Just right across is the Japanese restaurant --- Kaizen Sushi. The restaurant is really popular with expat crowd as we had to wait for about 20 minutes before we got seated, though I loved where we sat.....just in front of the sushi masters wielding their knives and cooking those delicious food right in front of us!





And we have our very own special chef, a fellow Bisaya from Leyte! Salamat kaayo sa lami nga pagkaon!



Time to go...... Goodbye Brunei!!! Till we meet again....

Left early for the airport (at least 4.5hrs yata from boarding time hahahaha) so I can still have some nap time. My last glimpse of the promenade near Kampung Ayer....

Comments

Popular Posts