Ferry Crossing: Kota Kinabalu - Brunei

Had a crazy dream which woke me up early in the morning......Hate the feeling when you wake up from a nightmarish dream, good thing though, it meant I had more time to check my things and pack properly.

I asked Reception to call a taxi for me, and right on time, I was picked up at exactly 7:00am just as I had asked. Paid  him off with a twenty as he was so honest unlike the other drivers, (without being asked he turned on his meter agad) and was very helpful.

Arrived at Jesselton Point a few minutes later, got some donuts and a cup of coffee from Dunkin and off to the waiting area.....its also exactly the same place for departures/arrivals to the TAR islands.

I mistakenly thought I can have more leg space if I put my backpack in the luggage rack.....ayan o! It went to the bottom of this huge pile! The trick was to wait till everyone has placed their luggage before you put yours on top.

That green speck at the bottom is the only part that can be seen of my bag hahaha


The Kota Kinabalu - Labuan ferry crossing takes 3 hours. There are 2 trips from KK on a daily basis, but if you want to go onwards to Brunei on the same day its better if you take the 8:30am ferry as it would ensure that you arrive in Labuan before noon with enough time to take the ferry to Brunei. Otherwise, you'll have to stay overnight at Labuan.


The Labuan ferry terminal also has some duty free shops selling mainly chocolates and liquor. Even if you have purchased a full package ticket to Brunei, you still have to line up at the ticket counter to get it validated.

The boat leaves at 1:30pm from Labuan and takes another 2 hours to arrive at Muara in Brunei.

And here we go................
Welcome to Brunei!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts