Dubai: The fog that turned out to be a Sandstorm!

The bed at Jumeirah Creekside hotel is so comfortable that I did not get up until 11am. Hahahahha

Oh God, so much for my planned itinerary! Anyhow, this is supposed to be a holiday and so it means, lots of relaxation and much-needed sleep.

Finally woke up and peeked through the window.....I initially thought it was a normal foggy morning and then belatedly realized that its noontime and it can't be this foggy. When we finally came out from the hotel, the streets were almost on zero visibility. A whole blizzard of sandstorm blown all the way from Saudi Arabia is sweeping through Dubai, blanketing the whole place with dust.

Yeyyyyy! My first real Mideast sandstorm!!!




We ducked into the nearest restaurant we can find just to step away from the storm. Good thing it was a Japanese restaurant so I was able to get my fill of California maki and beef teriyaki (now I can go back to the mountains hahahha).




Comments

Popular Posts