I'm off to Dubayyyyyyyy

My trip to Dubai did not start well.......first, I had to call the driver because he did not show up at the agreed time of 6am....it seems he just woke up when I called him. Then, my flight got delayed....

My take off time is supposed to be 10:45am and guess what, the plane got delayed due to technical problems (scary, after all the plane crashes that we've seen in the news recently) and we finally took off after a 3-hr delay. Quite surprising for an Emirates flight, they are normally quite efficient with their schedules.

Just 20 minutes before arrival in Dubai, the plane hit some airpockets and was rocking madly.....oh shit! I know it's April Fools Day (things seems to be a joke the whole day) but I couldn't find anything funny when my mind just keeps on replaying images of the recent Germanwings flight and before I can start my litany of prayers, the captain finally announced that we are now due to arrive in Dubai in a few minutes. Halleluia!

And it was not finished yet...... Tried to activate roaming on my phone for both SIMs only to realize that my personal SIM doesn't have enough credit and my office SIM should have been activated prior.....I went to line up in an Etisalat counter and after 20 minutes, the line still did not move because the guy manning the counter was slow and was just leisurely chatting with the customer while the queue behind became longer and longer(now I believe what others say about the work standards of Emiratis)......and so I left and took a taxi to the hotel. I actually took a cab for females, it has pink stripes and comes with a female driver.

With both my phones almost dead and no mobile connection, I have to wait for my friend to show up coz the booking is under her name.

This is surely not my day…..it’s been 30mins now and I am still waiting in the lobby… and since I cannot call, I have to ask the reception to call my friend…..and so the whole arrival to Dubai saga continues….

Finally got the hotel check-in sorted out and while waiting for my friend to arrive, I laid out my LP guidebook and whatnots hahahahha…..all set! 


My host for my first night is a former colleague from Jumeirah, and she graciously granted my request of staying in a Jumeirah hotel when I arrive in Dubai. While catching up on stories and chika (we have not seen each other for more than 4 years), another friend arrived and we moved to the rooftop bar, Cu-Ba lounge for a short drink before bidding adieu to my first night in Dubai. 

Comments

Popular Posts