New Year, New Beginnings....

My mother used to always admonish us kids not to overspend during New Year’s Eve (and the day after!) as it would mean a year-long nonstop spending spree and we will be without money the whole year round! I always get scared of her pronouncements and would always obey her and would stay at home most of the times so as not to spend a single centavo.

This New Year 2011, I was thinking of just staying at my apartment in Male and just wallow in my misery alone. All the rooms in the resorts also were fully booked (in any case, we couldn’t afford the exorbitant rates also --- who wants to pay a discounted rate of 500usd for a night plus the gala NY dinner of 135usd!!! Obviously, not me! Hahaha) so I found myself alternately having my favorite Mojito drink at Aqua – the rooftop restaurant, and a cup of Cappuccino at the lobby coffee shop of Traders Hotel Maldives.

Good thing, it was Kuya Jun’s birthday (one of my closest friends in Maldives) so we decided to have dinner at Sea House Restaurant instead. Best decision we’ve done! The food from the buffet was great! I especially loved the very moist Black Forest cake, I think I wiped off at least ¼ of the entire cake! So now, no asking why I am moon-faced!!! Hahahaha

It was a fun dinner! I hope to have more dinners in Male like this one. We had a karaoke session, with Peachy the bravest amongst all of us --- sya lang me voice at nakayang kumanta in front of the whole crowd! I contented myself to singing alongside the band (I loved them! They were singing my favorite old songs!).

We got an invite from the Bandos gang to join them for the New Year’s countdown and boy, what a fantastic night it was! The countdown to 01-01-2011 was really a skin-to-skin affair, full of stomping revelers on the stage, shouting nonstop and joining DJ Benray in counting the minutes…the seconds…..

I couldn’t ask for a better way to greet the New Year! And to top it all off…..everything was complimentary! My mother will be happy to know that……although, it made me think…..will I be getting freebies the whole year round????? Lol

Happy New Year 2011 everyone!!!

Comments

Popular Posts