Road mishap

I love train rides! We only have MRTs back in the Philippines so it doesn’t really count. I love riding in a train especially passing by landscapes like these. Whenever I’m in Sri Lanka, I always try to take a train as much as possible.

You always meet a lot of interesting characters in a train ride. There was this old ancient Srilankan man (as in really decrepit old!) who whispered to me, “Can I go with you to your hotel and stay in your room tonight”. WTF! Hahahaha I had to ask him to repeat it twice! Hahahaha unbelievably cheeky of him. I think I was able to answer him politely (with consideration to his advanced age, must be a sign of the onset of senility! Lol). It was hilarious!

During my ride back to Colombo, the train was a bit jumpy and I even had to put my bags down coz it might fly off the overhead racks. I thought it was normal so I did not freak out. This is the Third World so you should expect glitches like these as spices of travelling.

But a few yards away from the Fort Station the train stopped, I thought that we have arrived already but when I looked out we were not there yet although already near. What happened was, the train had completely jumped off the track and veered off. Good thing they stopped the engine before more damage was done. We could have toppled over, as one of the passengers pointed out.

Oh well, the vagaries of travelling……but of course, I won’t tell my mom! Hahahahaha these are the type of stories you keep to yourself otherwise parents will freak out and take away your passport next time!

I’m still not cured though…looking forward to my next train ride once again.

Comments

Popular Posts