Chinese Lantern Festival + Birthday

I was not able to celebrate my birthday in a traditional way, as in magpa-kaon hastan magpa-inom! hahahaha but it turned out to be quite a colourful and festive day as it coincided with the Chinese Lantern Festival

The Lantern Festival is a traditional Chinese festival which originated more than 2000 years ago. This day is supposed to be the birth date of the Heavenly Officer of Taoism who blesses human luck. 

All around Hongkong especially in temples and sidewalks, you can see a lot of multi-colored lanterns hanging in the public squares or displayed in the gardens. When we went to the Promenade, it was just amazingly beautiful.
This peacock design is just so stunning at night....

The Hongkong Skyline also at night remains as visually powerful as ever. I would have wanted to stay much longer and go around the promenade but my parents vetoed the idea. They want to go back to the hotel and put their feet up. 
An ak mga models waya nay smile kay nagkurog na sa katignaw!!! lol

And so we went back.....then voila! A nice surprise was waiting for me in my bed. My first Chinese birthday card! A huge thanks to the hotel team for remembering my birthday.


Comments

ilario said…
Nice and interesting blog :)
Bonangskie said…
Thanks for dropping by Ilario! ;-)

Popular Posts