Biyadhoo Island Resort

Nonstop boozing at the bar and going home at 3.30am on most nights characterized my past couple of weeks. I know, it’s so totally in character but too outdated already for me! I mean, c’mon…. Age does matter sometimes! Hehehe….as much as I hate to admit it, old age is creeping up on me..

Last week my ex-Boduhithi buddy, Randy, came to visit me in Male for a few days before his R&R vacation to Sri Lanka. After a couple of nights spent at the Hulhule bar pestering the bartenders, especially the yummylicious, Nishantha (ehehehe!) we decided to go visit our other ex-Boduhithi buddy, Kuya Jun, who is now based in Biyadhoo Island Resort.

The three of us (actually four, if you count Kuya Nestor who is still in Boduhithi right now) were part of the Pre-Opening team for the ultra-luxe Coco Palm Bodu Hithi (a five star property with room rates starting from $800 per night!), Randy is the Restaurant Manager of our Specialty Restaurant “Aqua” --- kasi special sya kaya nasa Specialty sya!!! Biyadhoo Island Resort

It’s one of the oldest resorts in the Maldives. Part of the pioneer group of resorts I think (kaya din siguro most of the guests are Italians --- they were first batch of tourists who initially “discovered” the Maldives as a holiday destination). The island is fully vegetated and has huge Banyan trees (it also has a Banyan Club bar -- cheeky!) all over the place. It has good spots nearby for diving like the Guraidhoo Zone, (with a multinational staff of diving instructors) but of course being non-divers it doesn’t have any appeal to us (I can’t even swim! Ugh!).

I love the resort. Since its just a 25-minute ride away from Male, I always come for a quick rest here on most weekends (and sometimes on a 4-day stretch..hehe). The guests are also very nice, when you greet them they also smile and greet you back. Such a warm atmosphere --- a very laidback and down to earth mood pervades the whole place (it’s not always like that in some upscale resorts, some of the guests are very snotty).

I told Randy, he better behave himself coz we are supposed to be “honeymooners”….hehehe…joke lang po! Although the joke definitely backfired on us --- we couldn’t get boylets to be interested in both of us coz they think we are a couple! huhuhuhu.... When we arrived, we had a welcome “kurumbaa” drink at the Reception. I did not drink mine --- I don’t like fresh coconut juice! Napurga yata ako kaiinom sa probinsya when I was a kid. Aside from catching up with gossips from Kuya Jun and Randy, my other purpose for the trip was to get a TAN! Gosh, I must have spent hours in the shade (the sun was blindingly hot so I ran and hid under the shade! Hehehe). From morning till late afternoon, I stopped only for about 2 hours in between for lunch.

I was not so happy with my tan yet (well, it’s only for a day!) even if I soaped my body full of tanning lotion also (thank you Kuya!). Anyways, I felt like showing it off so naka-off the shoulders pink dress ang lola mo at the bar and even got coaxed into dancing with the Bodu beru dancers! The sad thing about a one-day holiday is that, the following morning you will be scrambling to get on an early morning transfer because you have to be in the office at 8.30am! Ugh!

Comments

Josiet said…
At ang lola naka bright pink talaga! But its suits you neng! :)

Nice, clean layout. Pero nawala ata ang chat box mo? hehe

www.josiet.com
Bonangskie said…
Sa sobrang nice ng layout mader nawala ang chat box at di ko na alam ibalik! hehehe....hindi ko nga ma-add yung new site mo! kaloka itong mga igno talaga!!!

Wait ka lang ha....pag-aralan ko talaga to!
eDreGiN said…
-Hahaha! guess konti nalang lupaypay na byuti natin sa kararampa esp ako, non stop! Uy mudra! Ako ang pumili dyan sa outfit nayan kaya shala ang aura, huh' hahahaha...so, juoutfit tayo ulet next week sa Biyadhoo and dika padin pwede magmega tanning kase hahabol kalang sa amin, hahaha! Abt me naman, mas lalaong magin egay, nyehehehe!
Bonangskie said…
Ok, I concede na Gands magaling ka talaga pumili ng outfit! Hehehe...

Kaya nga, ang hectic naman ng sked natin nxt week, kaloka!

Popular Posts