A Hero's Welcome for the SAFF 2008 Champions

The euphoria lasted for days....now, everyone is waiting for the National Team to arrive... they are expected to arrive in a specially-chartered Island Aviation flight from Colombo.

The craziness of the previous night was just a prelude to the even crazier celebration that everyone has planned to welcome the arriving athletes. From our office, everyone's so gung-ho about going with the parade. We received instructions to go ahead and arrange for a float (na OA kami talaga, we had 2 floats!!!).
Preparations time...... let's see.... I was blowing all the balloons....by the time 4pm arrived, I was hungry and thirsty from lack of AIR!!!....Ate Marivic was tasked to sew the makeshift banner (as in late na kasi masyado hindi na puwede ipagawa).
See????? Ang galing ko!!!!
And off we went....I climbed up the truck, with my red shirt (i don't have a red shirt in the wardrobe so i used a mini-skirt as a tube shirt and paired it with a cardigan para hindi mahalata!!! Hehehe), waving a flag, and dancing to the music or chanting with whatever my colleagues can think of..... It was definitely FUN....I cannot believe the number of people who thronged the streets of Male to welcome the whole team, I even saw a lot of foreigners and tourists joining the celebrations with their flags and red t-shirts.....but boy, was I tired..... when I got home at around 8.30pm, I cannot barely wake myself up to finish my dinner!

Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS TEAM MALDIVES!!!!!!!!

Comments

eDreGiN said…
-lol! kabibo sab sa panburot mo nan balloon, hahaha!

I miss the fun! super sayang!!
Bonangskie said…
Hay naku, u really missed a lot. Para ngang World Cup finals!! as in, may I katkat to the trak gajud an ak byuti...

Popular Posts