Bayanihan Spirit is Alive!!!

Been reading all the posted messages in Facebook the past few days regarding the Typhoon Ondoy updates.

Can’t help but cry……I am so proud to be a PINOY!

I know I keep on repeating myself. But with this tragedy, the Filipino spirit of Bayanihan (helping others) has clearly showed the world who we are.

We are a nation of generous souls. Even in the midst of tragic personal losses of their own, some still managed to overcome these and continued on to even volunteer unselfishly. As one person said, “we don’t have money anymore to donate because we are flood victims ourselves, but we can still help by giving our time to the relief efforts by packing food or distributing old clothes”.
I am always amazed at the capacity for compassion of human beings. I am in awe. But I am guilty as well, for not being there to help my countrymen during this period.

Let us all pray for them.

Comments

Popular Posts