Bargain Shopping

Singapore is known as a shopping paradise, be it for bargain shoppers or for luxury shoppers. I’ve always been a fan of street or hawker shopping, wherever I go I always gravitate towards these local shopping meccas with its throngs of people and small shops selling everything from watches to shoes to even exotic fruits!

For clothes and accessories, head on to Bugis Street --- it is served by bus no. 7 (you can alight from Victoria Street and just follow the masses of people walking inside the groups of stalls) or you can take the MRT to Bugis Station (EW12) and turn across the other side of the street.

It is the largest bargain shopping destination in Singapore, although you can find a similar street shopping experience in Chinatown, Bugis Street offers the most number of stalls and the most number of choices to choose from. It is a real shopper’s paradise!!!

For local souvenirs, you better go to Chinatown. They have lots of cheap souvenirs, traditional Chinese accessories and Hello Kitty knock offs.
If you are a techno fiend, Sim Lim Square offers drop-dead prices of laptops, mobile phones, and other electronic gadgets. Everything is sooooo cheap! Good thing, I have an excuse to go there coz I need to buy a mobile phone for Kuya Nestor.
Look what I found! A new Motorola ROKR E8 phone for only S$362.00 (including GST taxes).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great blog Yvonne, I'm enjoying it. You were treading on my footsteps in Singgers.
Bonangskie said…
Thanks Chris for reading my blog!! Yeah, I definitely followed everything the guidebooks said...hehehe...I went to all the listed temples, etc.

Popular Posts