Brief Stop-over

Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia

I am currently on a brief stop-over in Malaysia courtesy of Malaysian Airlines lahat. Arrived here last night and just zonked off to sleep. I was so exhausted by the trip from Madrid (3hrs) then flight to Cebu (45mins) and then nonstop shopping for pasalubongs, etc. Due to the heightened security measures put in place coz of the bomb plot in the US, super higpit na rin sila sa Cebu. They did not accept my bottles of shampoo, etc in my handcarry (ang tigas din kasi ng ulo ko no? lol) so i had to check it in separately....a big thanks to the MH crew in Cebu and the Airport personnel....as in super helpful and never na tinarayan ako!
I ventured out this morning after breakfast but my dropping eyelids and my inviting bed is really beckoning me to sleep....zzzzzzz
Promise, after lunch i'll go out and explore the area again.

Sepang is actually just a small town with 2 main attractions, the Sepang F1 circuit and the KLIA. During the F1 series, the place is full of fans and hotels are booked solid for the entire period.
For most days though, it is relatively quiet with a slightly rural setting. You can see the mountains as a backdrop from the town area. Although I was quite surprised when I saw a KFC joint right across the next street from my hotel. Well, maybe coz Cyberjaya (the Silicon Valley of Malaysia) is just nearby so they have to cater to all the employees working and residing here as well.

One thing though, the residents here are very proud about their identity. I saw a lot of flags in residential houses like this one.
I am staying at the Empress Sepang Hotel, a 3star hotel about 10mins from KLIA. I really took advantage of all the freebies, meals are free kaya i ate breakfast & lunch at the Angsana Coffee House.
Grrr....i forgot my bikini, it was in my checked-in luggage....the swimming pool looked very inviting....My sundo will pick me up in less than 2 hours....will be back in Maldives tonight....haaay, ang bilis ng panahon talaga!

Comments

Popular Posts