House Blessing

Lapu-lapu City, Cebu

I’ve been talking forever about finally having my first house in Cebu. So when I went home last November, we also scheduled a house blessing since most of my family members were there as well.

It was such a rush. When I arrived in Cebu on the 19th, my father told me that the place is not yet finished and we have to stay in a hotel (a cheap one at that! As in, buti na lang wayay tugsip!!! Hahaha) for 2 nights. Only on the 21st morning that we were able to go there, well, we don’t have a choice coz my family is arriving from Surigao also in the afternoon.

“9am sharp on 25th November” --- according to my father. Gosh, the priest was ahead of time! I was still in my shorts and busy cutting the ingredients for my fruit salad while my mother was busy frying the chicken!!! Hahaha…..talk about bloopers!!!

We were soooo not ready for it. The house was still not finished by then, there are paint stains on the stairs leading to the 2nd floor, the toilet faucet is leaking, and the problems go on……

I hated the curtains that we bought coz it clashes with the color of the sofa kaya ayan the whole living room area is naked for everyone to look in and out….hahaha

I don’t know. I think it’s the Bisaya in me that in anything we do or have, we must always have it blessed. We believe that by having our house blessed, we will always be protected and safe.

I was happy though coz most of my family members were there (except for my youngest brother who wasn’t able to go home) and my cousins (esp the guests from Pangasinan!) were able to join us as well.

Nothing grand, just a truly family affair for us. Thank you Ate for coming and for the sapin-sapin! I loved it!

Comments

Popular Posts