Public Service in CARAGA

Butuan City, Philippines

I made a quick trip to Butuan City for my passport renewal and OEC form on the first week of December.

I was really surprised at how hassle-free it was. I finished the whole process just before lunch! And to think that I came all the way from Madrid, Surigao del Sur.

The trip from Madrid – Butuan took about 4 hours on a nonstop passenger van. Gone were the days when we had to go take a bus for close to 5hrs to Surigao City then board another bus bound for Butuan City for another 2.5hrs. If you factor in your breakfast and lunch breaks, you would be travelling almost the whole day!


This is a traditional Balangay boat, a symbol that is very synonymous to Butuan/Agusan area.

I arrived in Butuan at 8am sharp, just right on time coz the offices will be opening by then. I went directly to the OWWA office, they have a POEA satellite desk there and the staffs were really helpful and cordial. Since it was my first time to process my OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate) there coz I used to do it in Cebu, they gave me instructions on where to go and how to go about it. This is real public service!!! I felt so great leaving that office, the officer-in-charge should be commended for her exemplary performance!

Next, I went to the Philhealth office coz I need to change some data in my file which were erroneously encoded before --- they put a different address (since when ako naging taga-Nueva Vizcaya????) and my status was Married!!!! Kaloka…..hahahha….. Same thing happened, the staffs there were very helpful and so accommodating. It took me less than an hour to finish everything.

Here is their address:

Philhealth Regional Office - CARAGA
#766 Lynzees Building
J. Rosales Avenue, Butuan City

The best thing is, it’s just right across Gaisano Mall…..lol

My last stop was at the DFA – Caraga office to renew my passport. The whole process was printed out and posted on the wall for everyone to see. I think in a way this is better because it eliminates the need for people to ask a lot of questions. I also had my new photo taken just inside the building. And when I finished (step 1-5 is just under 30 minutes!), they told me that I can have the option of paying 100 pesos and they will ship it to my home address via LBC when it is released. WOW!

To all the officers in these 3 offices, thank you for an outstanding public service! Keep it up!

Comments

Popular Posts