The Morning after….

13th day (19th March 2008)

Syet na to!!! I cannot get up from my bed, my head is breaking into pieces! Oh my God, that beer was the pits! Aarghh! I felt like my bones are turning into jelly, and my stomach is mounting a revolution. After a few trips to the bathroom, I was able to shower and revive myself, after 4pm! Well, what can you expect from the “Best Beer in Asia” according to Time Magazine. I can’t accept it. I love San Miguel Beer forever!!! Sobrang hang-over talaga! I went out to get something from a nearby restaurant and can only stomach a glass of Iced Lemon juice, just to flush out the alcohol toxins in my body --- I hope it works. At the rate I’m going, I really think I’m going to spend the remainder of my vacation either puking my guts out every morning or staying in bed the whole time with a huge migraine!

I won’t be going to Vang Vieng anymore coz I am now poor and destitute, and the mere idea of again lugging my bags to another place is totally undesirable at the moment (especially with the migraine I have!)! My backpack is also too heavy now!

I visited first the Wat Wisunalat, a temple with the typical Lao architecture of a three-tiered roof and intricately designed door carvings. It is just located at the end of the street of where my guesthouse is. Inside the temple complex, the heavy influence of the northern Chinese tribes is very evident, from the orchards to the Chinese-looking sculptures.
Went up to Wat Phou Si through the 328 zigzag steps through the hill, it was a breathtaking climb as each step gives you to a wider view of the town, the Mekong River, and the forest surrounding on the other side of the River. The aerial view is really amazing! There is a wat in the place where supposedly the footprint of Buddha was before. Good thing, my camera rejuvenated itself miraculously!
Afterwards, I visited the Royal Palace but was told that it’s closed already for the day.
My first meal of the day --- at 6pm! I have become addicted to these pork sausages, a local LP delicacy.
I haggled, bargained and badgered the ladies selling at the Night Market. I just love SHOPPING!

Comments

eDreGiN said…
-neng sa mga pics mo dito para kang disesiete! hehehehe...
Bonangskie said…
Kaya nga muntik na magka papa nan bientedos!! hahahaha....char!

Popular Posts