Day 1: Tapas, Scoopon deals, and St. Kilda

Trying to request for an early check-in a budget hotel like Tune Hotel is like pulling teeth, truly painful. Hahaha

Took a cab from the airport and went straight to Tune Hotel Melbourne hoping to at least get a rest before I meet up with my sister (she's arriving at around 2pm) but nope, the hotel is full and no early check-ins allowed. I don't know though if its just the receptionist that is the problem coz when they had a change of shift the replacement receptionist seemed nicer and checked me in 15mins early (oh well, better than nothing).

We were supposed to meet up with my maternal cousin who is based in Melbourne but she is busy with her house relocation. Anyhow, we are all excited to go roam around the city and of course there was the matter of the Scoopon deal that we bought lol. We just couldn't pass it up.

I am so in love with Scoopon right now hahahaha the Pinay cheapie in me feels as if I'm getting a bargain all the time. Prior to this trip, I was browsing through the Scoopon deals in Melbourne and we thought it might be a good change of cuisine for us (especially me, coming from the Middle East), so we opted for Sta. Ana Tapas & Bar in Acland St right in the middle of the bustling St. Kilda.


The food was amazing. Since our booking includes my cousin and her husband, we also had to eat their shares! lol We had plates heaped with mouthwatering chorizo granjeras, empanadas, and beef peluas all washed down with glasses of white wine. Yummy!

The vibe in St. Kilda is really great. It was a weekend when we got there so there was a bit of a crush of people, shops have Sale signs on the doors, there was a lot of foot traffic with people browsing through the shops while others are lounging through the sidewalk cafes.

We did not venture farther to the pier area as we are booked the following day for a city tour and St. Kilda is one of the popular stops so we will be back here again.




Comments

Popular Posts