Day 1: Introducing my niece to H&M

I promised my soon-to-be fifteen year old niece, Eiesha, that I will take her to H&M the minute we arrive in Melbourne. I think there is only a handful of H&M shops all over Australia and that handful did not include Adelaide, where they are based.

I usually buy most of my 'pasalubong' clothes either from Forever21 or H&M, the former she was already familiar with when she visited me in the Philippines a few years back and I took her to the huge Forever21 store in SM Cebu ---- she had been a fan since then, even buying things online (as its not again available in Adelaide).

The Melbourne H&M is housed in a beautiful old GPO building right in the corner of the busy Bourke Street. We were in a hurry though because the store closes at 8pm! Its unbelievable for me, in Asian countries and even more so in the Middle East, shops tend to stay open till the late hours during weekends due to the heavy traffic of shoppers. Here, its the other way around.


It was definitely worth a visit, if only for the atmosphere. Outside the store, there were musicians of different genre entertaining the passersby. When you go in, whoa! Fabulous store layout, artistic displays, the whole place is just one amazing shopping wonderland. Eyeluvit!!! 




The 2 hours spent obviously drained our wallets but it was great fun.

Comments

Popular Posts