Finally....I'm in the Land Down Under!

I can’t believe I just went through 3 different flights just to go to Melbourne (oh well, it happens when one is trying to be a cheapie and find promo airfares online). First flight was Muscat to Doha, an hour-long flight via Qatar Airways then another longer flight from Doha to Kuala Lumpur (8hrs) and with the time difference factor thrown in, I arrived in KL in the afternoon and again transferred to the new KLIA2 terminal for my flight to Melbourne via Air Asia. It was another looooooong 8-hour flight, this time with no inflight entertainment offered.

Bleary-eyed, tired and sleepy from a 3-flights trip…….gloomy skies greeted my arrival at the Tullamarine Airport in Melbourne. 

The airport is definitely smaller than I expected (thought it would be in the league of Changi or KLIA) with only a tiny space allotted for duty free, I did not even bother to check any items as it was so small that I immediately assumed prices must be expensive lol.


And the unbelievable queueing that snaked through for hours to the Immigration counter is what awaited me, I literally stood in line for at least 2 hours (or was it 3?, though for my legs it felt like it was 5hrs!).

What a welcome to my first trip to the Land Down Under. 

Good thing though, the immigration check was a breeze. They just looked at my passport and bade me a smiley Welcome to Melbourne!


Comments

Popular Posts