Anyone for a Fish Spa????

As much I dearly love Maldives and the solitude it gives me, there are simple things in life that we normally take for granted while we were living in the cosmo cities that now I freak out and just dream about --- having a “cheap” spa massage, a cup of Starbucks cappuccino, or just browsing through the bookstores to get the latest “It” novels or the latest copy of the Hollywood rags.

Mind you, I am not complaining.... oh yes, I think I definitely am....hahaha

With Ganda around, we will always predictably end up either in a hair salon or a spa. We do have an excuse, after the hours spent torturing our feet with nonstop walking around the shops, we decided to try the exotic “fish spa”.
“Kagilok” --- was our initial reaction. We couldn’t stop laughing. I really thought I would be tickled to death by those fishes! First, you have to wash your feet and then plonk it inside an aquarium-like tub with lukewarm water with these tiny grayish-coloured fishes called Doctor fish, apparently coz they clean and nibble on your toes. They will make small bites, as in they will really swarm all over your feet. I was so disgusted with my feet when they started swarming in. I mean, was it really that callused and dirty eh??? Lol
Afterwards, we went into Borders bookshop coz I wanted to pick a couple of books for our Bali trip and on perfect timing, we saw a Starbucks cafe right inside the bookstore. Having a sip of cappuccino while gossiping with your best buddies is the best ever therapy you can give yourself. What more can you ask for? It is the perfect way to start a holiday with your childhood friends!

Comments

Popular Posts