Kadhdhoo, the Airport Island


All I can say is, “the place is just soooo clean!”

The regional airport for Laamu atoll is located in the island of Kadhdhoo, sandwiched between the islands of Gan and Fonadhoo (currently the Atoll capital). The 3 islands even have a bus service every hour and the roads are so well-paved, it’s crazy! Its like, am I still in Maldives? No pun intended there, hehehe…..
I usually jump into the boat if its going to Kadhdhoo just to unwind and perhaps to eat a Bamigoreng noodle dish at the Symphonie Restaurant (yes, a branch of the same restaurant in Male). As much as I love the food here in the canteen, I also miss my regular dose of Bamigoreng!

Although quite small compared to the 2 other islands, Kadhdhoo also has a population of about 750 residents. From the airport, its about 100mrf by taxi to the next island, Gan or Fonadhoo. The scenery you pass by is really worth the 100mrf fare!

I'll be heading out in Kadhdhoo in about 2 days…..to take the flight to Male (about 50 minutes on a Dornier plane).....too excited for my upcoming trip to Malaysia-Indonesia-Singapore!

Comments

Chris said…
Comes to me as quite a surprise to see this type of place exists in the Maldives! Perhaps I will have to visit. I travelled to Singapore again last month but didn't bother taking the flight across.
Bonangskie said…
Yeah, same here. I was so amazed at how clean and spacious the islands are. I was even joking to my friends that even if the entire Male decides to move in here, there would still be lots of space left!

I'll be writing about the other islands later on...

Popular Posts