The Capital Fonadhoo

The last in my island trilogy is the capital of Laamu atoll, Fonadhoo Island.

With a total population of about 1,800 residents (although smaller than Gan), Fonadhoo has almost all the necessary facilities like, banking & remittances (can you imagine, you can even send via Express Money! Lol), grocery shops, clinics (the huge hospitals are in Gan), schools, and restaurants.

I have really not explored the island much in my previous visits although there was a time that I thought I was lost coz I just went on walking and checking all the shops, looking for sunglasses! (I forgot to bring mine!)

One thing though, Dhiraagu wifi is available in almost all public areas in the 3 islands, from the Symphonie restaurant to the airport waiting area in Kadhdhoo to the small coffee shop in front of the Bank of Maldives branch in Fonadhoo. The islands are really wired, eh?

It is best to start off your journey from Fonadhoo then head off to Kadhdhoo then to Gan, as the views you’ll pass by are so great. The islands here in Laamu atoll are really huge and are so near to each other that it can easily be connected by bridges.

Comments

Popular Posts