Die-hard fan of Jet Li

Just the other night, we were watching a film by Zhang Yimou, "The Curse of the Golden Flower" at home. I love anything by Zhang, he is i think the best Asian director of our generation (can only be contested by Ang Lee....hehehe).


Then I started reminiscing.... when I was growing up, me and my siblings used to watch the Karate Kid series, with Mr. Miyage (luv ko talaga sya!) and we usually end up fighting! --- we try to practice the techniques on each other which usually ends up with someone crying and our parents scolding us.

A few years later, I replaced Daniel (the name of the Karate Kid hero) with my forever crush --- Jet Li. I should have listed it out as one of my quirks, I cannot bear it (and I really get angry at the director!) if Jet Li dies in a movie! Until now, I always switch off the TV at the end of “Lethal Weapon 4”. Hello?? It’s unbelievable that the incredible Jet Li can be killed only by Mel Gibson??? Yeah, I know it’s mind-boggling! My mind and my heart will not accept that my hero is killed, albeit only in a movie…..hehehe One of the things I always look forward to whenever I go back to my parent’s house is my “Jet Li filmfest”. As in, I watch all the movies of Jet Li, again and again. One crucial question, “how will you feel if you meet Jet Li in person?” --- I won’t feel anything at all as I would be in shock!!!

Here are the recent Jet Li films:

2008 The Forbidden Kingdom
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

2007 The Warlords
War

2006 Fearless

2005 Unleashed

2003 Cradle 2 the Grave

2002 Hero

2001 The One
Kiss of the Dragon

2000 Romeo Must Die

Comments

Anonymous said…
i love jet li too.. grabe. i watched mummy 3 in the big screen only because of jet li.. weee... sayang at married na sya.. aheeheheh.
Bonangskie said…
I haven't watched Mummy 3 yet, medyo delayed telecast ang Maldives kasi...hehehe....pero loves ko talaga sya!

Popular Posts