Foreign language, anyone?????

Languages: Filipino (native), English (fluent), Spanish (basic)

Before, I used to groan and complain about how horrible my Spanish professor was. She would not let me in to the classroom if I cannot pronounce correctly, "Bueñas tardes, Senora!”. Is the intonation higher on the first syllable or on the second???? God!!! And if I am late, the nightmare will begin. She will start asking you questions (and you have to stand outside the door, with all the students passing you by in the corridor!) as to the reason why you are late, todo hablando en Español --- qué horror!!!

We live now in a very multi-culturally diverse society. You meet, live, and work with people coming different countries around the world. The benefits of knowing another foreign language is immeasurable and essential. Although I work in Human Resources and not in the mainstream hotel front office operations, I still feel that learning how to speak French, Italian or German is a must not just in my chosen industry but in the society, in general.

But my problem is…… although the interest is there to learn, I just don’t have the aptitude for languages! I can imitate accents easily (as in, to sound Brit or American or Spanish is a breeze!) but to memorize the words is totally beyond me!

Another dilemma….. which language should I learn first????

Spanish..... Hablando en poco Español pero puedo comprende más usted escribe lentamente. Entiéndes???

French...... Aucun! (ehem…and I love to listen to their accents??? Hehehe)

Italian...... if we translate everything in Spanish then I’ll be okay… instead of “Me chiamo,

Yvonne”….. I’ll just say, “Me llamo, Yvonne”….

German..... Kein…..(walang wala akong alam!)

So, what should I take now? I won’t ask J-Blogged coz her answer is predictable…hehehe

For the meantime, I’ll just read through some language books….but I so want to go to a language immersion in Spain with Tiatula....oh well, scratch that out...I am going instead to my dearly beloved Madrid, Surigao del Sur....

Comments

Popular Posts