Old Habits Die Hard

I wasn’t sleepy yet, although the clock said 12.34am. So I went to my bookstand and browsed through the novels, there are still a few that I have not read (Salamat Kuya Jun!). I took one out and stayed in the living room to read, thinking that at most one hour I’ll be sleepy.

Is that light creeping in the window sill??? Oh my God! It’s already 6.47am. I finally put down the novel I just finished. Here we go again….the same old story….losing sleep over a novel.

Old habits really die hard. Almost 50% of my absences from work or school are most often caused by my reading habits, if I don’t want to put down a book then no one can get me out of it (unless I’m in my parent’s house).

After having two cups of coffee and wearing my spectacles to work (no other choice rather than invite a huge migraine!), my head is groggy and the idea of staying for another 7hours of work without sleep is a giving me a nightmare!!!

Should I promise not to do it again?? --- Ugh! Don’t bother, I’ll just break that promise again!

Comments

Anonymous said…
makalimotan ko ring matulog sa kababasa ng novel... and to think that i love to sleep more than anything else.. weee
Bonangskie said…
Ganyan talaga ang mga couch potatoes!!! hehehe

Popular Posts