Kasalo, Kasali, Kasayawan sa Kuda Bandos

8th August 2008. While the rest of the world are tuned in to their TV screens to watch the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics, more than a hundred of us Maldives-based Pinoys went to Kuda Bandos to enjoy the Pinoy Society event dubbed “Kasalo, Kasali, Kasayawan sa Kuda Bandos”. It’s so refreshing being with fellow kababayans, you get to talk in your own language (although I can only speak Surigaonon with Janeth and a few words with Edwin, he is from the north of Surigao so it’s a different story! Hehehe). Isn’t it crazy to listen to so many people speaking Tagalog or Cebuano in one place!! Although I couldn’t shake off the questions of….. did Michael Phelps got his first gold? How was his backstroke? Umm, okay….back to the action here! “Kasalo”
The invitation states “magdala po kayo ng sariling baon”, everyone has to bring something. P brought 4pcs of Roasted Chicken (as in, super yummy!), while others brought fried wings, fishes, etc..to grill. “Kasali”
We changed the format of the game, instead of a 2-players + 1 alternate beach volley format it was modified into a 6-players per team with only 2 teams challenging each other – White Team vs. Gray Team. I don’t know whom to cheer, I know most of the players but of course, Ate Tess and Melissa are both playing in the White Team. And they won!!! My God! Nakakaloka ang “tug of war” na yan! Muntik ng tumulo laway at luha ko sa kasisigaw! Hahaha….but the most applauded was the “shoot the bottle”. Yes, with its sexy touch? It was definitely a hit, especially with the guys!
“Kasayawan”
First thing first, this is the part that we have been looking forward to about this event. I love dancing. It’s not that I had studied dancing, it’s a form of self-expression for me, the same way I can fully articulate my emotions through my writing. I completely switch off everyone. I just focus on the music. The melodies surround me. The downside is, some people misconstrue it as a come-on or that I am being seductive. Yikes! Me? Seductive? Are you being funny?It was a great party! I even had to sleep in the sand afterwards, although not directly (I carried over a wooden plank and placed it near the volley court) and yeah, I was able to commune with Nature, with the stars, with the little crickets running over my legs (eww!). Still I was lucky, some slept face in to the sand (too drunk and woke up with their whole face full of white sand!). And another good thing, I love sleeping also. It doesn’t matter if some crawlies are creeping in the sand, a deafening vocal fireworks is nearby (in other words, snoring!), or someone is asking my neighbors for something indecent (eh P?), if I sleep I will really sleep nonstop!

Thanks guys! To the two most beautiful people that night, Randy & Marce, you both made that night FUN, COLORFUL, and ALIVE!!!

Comments

eDreGiN said…
Looking forward to another event! ansaya saya na natin dito, masaya't nakakatuwa ang madaming nakilala at makikila pang noyfs!
Bonangskie said…
Nakakaloka! ang daming shokoy at sirena!!! hehehe...yeah, ang saya talaga natin...windang ang byuti ko, absent the following day!

Popular Posts