Should I go back to School???

I’ve been wrestling about this for such a long time now. Plans have changed for quite a number of times now that I am so frustrated and at the same time so apprehensive of maybe I’ll miss my chance again….or worse, that I won’t have the opportunity to go back to school anymore!

My family is undoubtedly praying that I will finally go into Law School --- as I had previously promised. But the idea of again, getting up in the morning (this is worst part I think!) and going to school every single day for the next four and a half years is traumatizing. Just the mere thought immobilizes me, Law School is definitely out. Or as I always tell my father, “I’ll go into Law School once I get married!”, that always shuts him up. I think he is more terrified of me getting married than not becoming a Lawyer! Hahaha…

A few years back I used to toy with the idea of maybe taking a Hotel Management course coz since I am already working in this industry I might as well learn everything there is to know about the operations but then I moved to Planning Office and dealt with the Project/Constructions side of things, again I switched into thinking that maybe Project Management will be good for me (I got disabused of that notion coz I couldn’t hack Math and Proj Mgt is the only course in college that I flunked!!!). Finally, about 2 years back I moved to Human Resources (actually I begged to be moved there!) and decided I loved being with people. Can you imagine, I can memorize all the FULL NAMES of our staffs even the Bangladeshi laborers and we have at least 300 staffs in just one island (nagyabang na ng memory!! Hehe). So now, I decided I should take a course in Human Resources Management to better equip me with the challenges of HR in the hospitality industry and its multinational workforce.
Okay, so which school to go to?

I’ve checked with Singapore coz SHRI has a good reputation amongst Asian HR practitioners but I was told that since I will be applying for a part time schedule (wala naman silang ibang available sked!) they will only accommodate permanent residents or sponsored expats. So, that’s out eh?

One other option is to go visit my cousins in NY and since the offer of a free board and lodging is still open (hehehe….i hope so!) I might take them up on that for a couple of months. Di ba nakakahiya yun? Hmm, it’s okay. They are used to me being a parasite all the time so there’s nothing new about it. There is an Advanced Course in HCM that I wanted to take and if I get accepted…… voila! It’s gonna be one hot summer in Manhattan, darling!

No jinxes this time please!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
goodluck po.. allergic na ako sa school.. ahehehe.
Bonangskie said…
Medyo matagal na kasi ako nawala sa school so parang miss ko na ang mga libro!!!
eDreGiN said…
-hehehe...goodluck mudra! basta ako gusto ko ng foreign language pero until now diko alam when to enroll...unsaon nalang?!?!
Bonangskie said…
Parang d naman masyadong gamit ang Spanish...kung French naman walang courses available ngayon....kaya d talaga tayo nito maka enrol..paano na lang..

Popular Posts