Basketball Friendship Match

I wasn’t expecting much anymore after such a hellish day last Wednesday so I went out of the office early so I can immediately go home and change for the Basketball Match. As the organizer I have to go to the venue early and check the preparations.

I was really surprised when I got to the Male Youth Center, the venue of the event. Everything has been taken cared of by the officials of the Maldives Basketball Association from the sound system to the scoresheets, etc. It was really generous of them.

The Friendship Match was opened by Mr. Mohamed Hanim, the Director General of the Ministry of Youth & Sports. Actually, he watched the entire Match! He was such a gracious guest of honor (and even listens to my interpretation of the hecklings shouted in Tagalog --- as in tawa din sya sa mga pinagsasabi ko). It reminded me again of the crassness of our own embassy officials…..ewww let’s not go in there coz the tone of this article might change! LOL I would have wanted to be in the bleachers coz I want to shout and tease as well, ewan ko ba, pag basketball talaga nawawala sa katinuan ang mga Pinoy! I can’t really shout much coz I was sitting with them in the stage (nyeek! Kahiya to the max talaga kasi parang VIP! Hahaha kalokers!). The best Pinoy player that night was Dario Alegre (you can check the list of players at the MBA website), he was really playing outstandingly. It was a good game, albeit a mismatch..LOL….just check the scores to know what I mean!
And take note, syalan masyado it was even reported the other night in TV Maldives! I am just waiting for a copy of Haveeru (the daily newspaper here) to check whether there is any write-up about the event.

A big thanks to everyone who have helped make the event successful. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Mr. Amir, the General Secretary of MBA for facilitating the whole event. Thanks also to Mr. Ahmed Hafiz & Mr. Ismail for ensuring that the event will come true. Most of all, to all Pinoys who are always there to help us out…. To Nhoy for the design of the uniforms, Brendo for agreeing to be the coach (at the last minute!), and to all the players for giving their time and efforts. To Ate Marivic, Kuya Boy, and Jerson….let’s congratulate ourselves for a job well done!

Comments

eDreGiN said…
Hehehe...congrats! looking forward to another event :=)
Bonangskie said…
O sya sya...due to popular demand, mag organize tayo ng Year End Party sa dec 12th...pero ang requirement = no party crashers from the Phil Embassy!!!! Maghurumentado talaga ako!!!
Anonymous said…
neng may theme naman dpat yang year end party nyo hehehehe para kalokers....
Bonangskie said…
pinag-iisipan ko pa kung ano ang theme namin! esep-esep muna...suggestions anyone?

Popular Posts