My day is going downhill....

God! I don't know if it has something to do with the gloomy weather today but things are just going downhill for me right now.....

I am fuming mad, really really furious! I was told that our Ambassador will not be able to grace the event as she has some "protocol" to be observed with the Foreign Ministry. As in "hello, por favor" talaga. She is going by SQ flight at 11.10pm and the official start of the match is at 9pm.

Tonight we are going to have a Basketball Friendship Match between the Maldives Basketball Association (they selected an MBA 12 best players) and the players from the Filipino expatriate community (we had the tryouts last September then final selection was last month).

I felt so proud just looking at the uniforms that the guys from Design Solutions (thanks Nhoy & Jerson, Bert, Tin, etc!) have painstakingly made. P.S. puwera yung star sa gitna...LOL natanggal na yan!

I think I should just confine my thoughts and emotions to the Filipinos here in the Maldives, they are all that matters. I don't know who these bureaucrats are "who are supposed to look after the welfare of expatriate Filipinos living in the Maldives", I cannot feel the sincerity, the generosity, and most of all, common courtesy.

Sorry if I might have spoken out of turn to other people (esp Kuya B.) but I am who I am. I love the expatriate Filipinos in the Maldives. I feel strongly for them. I helpt out silently to people who cannot go back home because employers will not pay them their tickets anymore. I chase after these companies, I request assistance from Labor Ministry --- I go to lengths to help them. I love my kapwa Pinoy unreservedly and unconditionally. I think this is a characteristic sadly lacking in our government officials. This should be a requirement.

Comments

eDreGiN said…
-Yeah very sad for the ambassador not to grace the event for a short time (kahit 15 mins man lang). She's departing by SQ Flight and there is no need to rush to go the airport. Actually here in the Maldives, hinde sila hirap maggather na ng tao kase the expats here like yourself supports them na nga by doing a part of their work...so typical na govt official...tsk' tsk' tsk'....
Josiet said…
buti ka pa nga todo malasakit sa mga pinoy dyan. you should be given an award, honestly!

just don't take it all seriously. cge tatanda ka talaga dyan. wala ka pa naman 30. hehehe
Bonangskie said…
Hay naku Ganda, sabi ko nga...we can even call SQ to make sure they will know she is a VIP passenger. I'll arrange for a 1hr check-in lang para man lang she can go kahit during the intro at 9pm! Hay naku, nakakataas ng presyon talaga!
Bonangskie said…
Siet, its my social responsibility chuva neng!LOL ang hirap lang talaga ma-disappoint sa mga taong u expected something. I don't really care if they won't give us basic courtesy pero the least they could have done is show some appreciation sa mga Pinoys dito.

Basta sabi ko ke kuya boy, i won't organize the Xmas party on Dec 12th kung merong darating na taga-embassy! As in i'd rather na wala tayong party kesa magpa-importante sila doon! Grrrr...
Anonymous said…
hahaha... nagpasalamat ako na i have my own world! un lang kasi baka kriminal na ako ngaun wahahahahaha
Bonangskie said…
sabi nga ni kuya b, "u will mellow down day when u grow older"...hehehe...pero there's no excuse pa rin talaga!

Popular Posts