Deadlines

I always associate meeting deadlines with having heaps of coffee and non-existent sleep….. I love the last-minute drama of cramming everything, the adrenaline rush firing up your blood…making you forget the hours… I am a masochist about these things, I know. I feel good if I can finish something beyond other people’s expectations. Don’t we all do???

That’s why when friends told me about joining the paid blogging world, I was so excited. I was like, OMG! I have just been accepted in PayPerPost! The idea of earning money doing something that I love to do, of writing about different things, is so crazy and amazing. Initially, I thought I could have it all. Work life, Social life (Pinoy Society activities and resort trips, etc with friends), Love life (good thing, this one is non-existent at the moment! Hahahaha), and Blogger life.

I was a bit hesitant to join in at first coz although I have friends who are PPP bloggers I don’t really have any idea how to begin. And I can’t believe the mental torture I went through waiting for the approval for my site coz I really wanted to be accepted in PPP, it’s like a badge for bloggers. Similar to entering an exclusive club wherein a crazy, obnoxious bouncer with rippling muscles is waiting outside screening people who go in --- umm, the comparison is a bit weird, huh? Though, the rationale is there somewhere…. Hehehe

And yes, I do have that trip to Hongkong planned with my buddies so I started what you call, “jumping to conclusions”…..hahaha…. as in daydreaming about getting rich from my blog, treating myself, my family, my friends…

And reality bit me…… I simply cannot manage my time for all of these activities. I am a time schedule perfectionist. I cannot accept imperfections. I don’t tolerate delays.

Until now, I am still on the infancy stage of the blogging world. Still grappling with the technical craziness of HTMLs, RSS Feeds, etc. I have decided to wait for the moment when I will feel ready to conquer the paid blogging arena. Not half-baked, not inadequate, but although not an expert (and will never be I think, what with the current capacity of my neurons to assimilate technical info!) will at least be competent and efficient enough to write blogs in the limited time I have.

I’ll get there somehow….definitely!

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey, i joined payperpost already thanks to you... more money to finance our love for travel hopefully.. weeeee.. thanks again..
Bonangskie said…
That's nice!!! Congrats! Start writing now...hehehe....para yumaman ka agad!!!

Popular Posts