Book List 2008

I am really a cheapie lass. No need to gift me with Belgian chocolates (wish ko lang!), expensive mobiles (kung camera ok lang din!), or any pricey presents...I'll be more than happy if you bring me a bundle of used books any time!!!

Its midway through the year already so I checked the list posted near my office desk --- Book List 2008, and started ticking off the items on the list that I have finished reading or buying. I still have a long way to go…..I managed to get hold of 3 books in the list, and only 7 more to go…. Urgently calling to all my generous friends....Christmas is only 5 months to go…..

1. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (by: Junot Diaz)

2. A Thousand Splendid Suns (by: Khaled Hosseini)

3. Girls at War (by: Chinua Achebe)

4. Anthills of Savannah (by: Chinua Achebe)

5. The Ambler Warning (by: Robert Ludlum)

6. The Universe in a Nutshell (by: Stephen Hawking)

7. A Briefer History of Time (by: Stephen Hawking & Robert Mlodinow)

8. The Bancroft Strategy (by: Robert Ludlum)- GOT IT!!!!

9. A Brief History of Time (by: Stephen Hawking)- GOT IT !!!!

10. Southeast Asia on a Shoestring (Lonely Planet Guide Book)- GOT IT !!!!

"There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it." --- Bertrand Russell

What about you? What books are in your Wish List?

Comments

Anonymous said…
count of monte cristo by alexandre dumas.. hopefully, one of my friends will read my blog and buy one for me too.. aheheeheh

Popular Posts