Booze Girl

The common joke around me is, “bro, pag sinindihan ka ng lighter liliyab ka talaga sa dami ng alcohol sa katawan!” (Bro, if I flick a lighter at you, you’ll go up in flames coz of too much alcohol in your body!). Yes, I really drink a lot. By the time I was in college and all my friends were starting to foray into drinking beer, I had already graduated to vodka!
Mind you, I was not an alcoholic. I was too in control of myself to ever lose consciousness over liqour...or maybe, its from too much practice..the drinking binges which totally immunized me from getting drunk easily! I was a legend amongst friends, especially when I came over to the Maldives. We would take bets on who will be the next one to go down (as in naubusan ako ng matumba kahit sa airport!).

Two years back, I started hanging out with our Food & Beverage staffs (introduced by my friendster Randy!) and developed an interest in learning about wines. I started to shift from my hard drinks to white & rose wines, chardonnays & pinot noirs.... of talking about the difference of Chilean reds and New Zealand sauvignons.. thus started my love affair with wine and the collapse of my relationship with spirits.

True enough, last week when I went to Kuda Bandos for Paul's birthday, I really couldn't hold my drink anymore (against Janeth ganda!!!). After glasses of Bacardi (pangmugmog ko lang yan noon!), whiskey, and tequila....I literally crawled to bed nary a modicum of thought left --- as in dedbol na ang lola!!!

Hmm, it was a realization for me....my body is now telling me to continue my appreciation of wines..... and leave the harder spirits to other people who still has the stamina to drink it.

Okay, let's toast!!!

Comments

Josiet said…
Naku, pareho na tayo neng! (but of course I wasn't a big drinker to begin with). Actually nde ko na masikmura ang beer ngaun. Kaya laging wine nalang..haha. shushal!
Bonangskie said…
Sosyal talaga! Hehehe...pero at U$6.60 per glass of white wine sa HIH, i think i have to cut down even my wine drinking!!!

Popular Posts