Resort Life..... a working day in Makunudu

22nd June 2008. I have been dreaming of excuses to go visit our resorts for quite some time now. I really need to get away from Male for awhile, from my late nights (not what you are thinking….it’s from too much planning of the sportsfest!), to the family responsibilities, and maybe I just need a ‘pick me up’ --- it can get depressing after a while if you are in Male for months and months!!!

My boss told me last Thursday to go visit Makunudu for an assessment of the HR office there on Friday! Of course, I CAN’T!!! I cannot miss the Sportsfest, after slaving over it for weeks! Kaloka sya kaya I compromised and told him, I’ll go the day after (and was later on changed to Sunday).

So here I am, in blessedly peaceful Makunudu Island…..

The view outside my room......

I think the last time I was here was for a dinner we gave for the new Executive team for the pre-opening of CCP Boduhithi. It was a quick dinner punctuated with a lot of jokes at my expense --- as I was the only girl in the crowd…..and the youngest kid on the block! Before that, just a few trips for a quick lunch in between site visits to Boduhithi during construction (design meetings --- ewan ko ba at sinasali nila ako eh inaantok lang naman ako palagi!!)

The most memorable trip I had was when I came here with my best buddy, Josiet, before she got married to her hubby. We drank all the contents of the minibar and took out some beers I brought with me in my bag. I told her ‘this is a no boyfriend holiday’, we really got plastered (ay si Josiet lang pala….hehehehe) and she proceeded to spend her entire holiday on the phone to her then-boyfriend….hehehe….the power of love!
Tingnan ang bed decoration....they did it twice for me! i was so touched kasi they don't have to do it coz i'm a staff naman no!

I’m supposed to be working but I can’t stop going back to my villa, or just walking around the island. Although the island is very small, the 36 villas are kept in seclusion and privacy from one another. The island is fully vegetated and walking inland, you can’t really feel you are in such a minuscule island.

Okay, work is done……hehehe….parang minadali yata! I just want to go to the bar……hehehe….nothing will ever change, tomador talaga!

This is pure heaven! I can work in my room….have my own coffee…snacks…perfect!

Comments

eDreGiN said…
Ang masasabi ko lang talaga eh, Makunudo here I come! hahahaha....antagal ko ng gustong pumunta dito...pwede bang ifast forward ang panahon, hehehe
Bonangskie said…
2 Fridays to go na lang....gusto ko na talagang mag-unwind!!! Papa na lang talaga ang kulang!!! Hehehe
Josiet said…
Maderla mali ang recollection mo! hehe..we spent the night drinking and when we were sloshed (or ako lang ba yun?) you snoozed off and I spent the rest of the night on the fone with the then-bf :)

But the following day was spent snorkeling, taking pics in our two-piece! hahaha..those were my days! can't wear one now, baka matakot sila sa stretch marks! nyay!:)
Bonangskie said…
ganun na rin yun....hehehe...kasama pa pala natin si Anna Marie nun! Ano ka vah! Stretch marks nga is a sign of maternal valor! char.dot.com!

Popular Posts