Coffee Break

According to Wikipedia, Cappuccino is an Italian coffee-based drink prepared with espresso, hot milk, and milk foam. It is traditionally served in a porcelain cup, which has far better heat retention characteristics than glass or paper.
Aside from Coca-cola, the other mainstay in my daily beverage intake is Coffee. Back in my college days where meeting deadlines for essays and term papers is a regular phenomenon every last month of the semester, a pot of coffee is always my savior --- a really strong, black coffee with no milk or cream and just a whiff of sugar (I’m afraid of Diabetes!) to keep me awake!

Nowadays, I prefer to have cappuccino. Same thing probably with what happened to my liquor preference, my love for inky black coffee has evolved into the more sedate frothy-licious Cappuccino. I just love the difference in the sweet taste of the milk foam sprinkled with cocoa powder mingling with the bitter taste of espresso. Hmm, delicious!

I really cannot live without coffee, I have at least 3 cups per day just to get me through the day! Even when I was in the Philippines, I always bring along wherever I live or work my own coffeemaker! I used to try mixing together some of the popular local varieties, Kapeng Barako (from Batangas, it has a really strong taste) & Benguet Coffee (from Benguet-Mt. Province area, the taste is milder but the aroma is heavenly!). I got addicted to mixing this brew when I lived in Baguio City, with its cold climate. Grrrr….to take the chill.

A Gift of Friendship from Starbucks…..

I saw this advertisement online from Starbucks the other day regarding gift cards. Wouldn’t it be lovely if someone will give this to me as a gift? Or maybe a lifetime loyalty card will even be better! Hehehe….
Since i am in Maldives, see you in Shell Beans Cafe na lang....

Comments

eDreGiN said…
-o sya! Shellbeans tonight at 7PM sharp...see you there! charing!!! :=)
Bonangskie said…
Grabe na to! Afternoon coffee breaks with Kuya Boy, tapos night time tayo at Shell Beans....waaaa!!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts